April 03, 2013

This is me...wife, momma, homemaker, future business owner?


I am a stay-at-home momma, and will gladly claim the title of Homemaker any day.  For some time now, I have wanted to be able to supplement our income from home.  My hubs has a good job with a decent income, but in all honesty, we could always use a little extra fun money!  I have tried my hand at selling for an in-home party company, I sew and crochet, and have made and sold a few things here and there, but I just never really felt motivated to try to turn any of those things into a steady income.  I have always admired and been slightly envious of those momma's that work from home and love their job, and have often wondered, why can't I do that?.  

Which brings me to today.  I have 3 beautiful gifts from God that call me momma, and I love to dress them up!  While you won't see my sweet boy sporting any hair bows or headbands, unless it's crazy hair day at school ;) ,







my two girlies are more than willing to try out my bows!  I've been hoarding buying ribbon for quite awhile now, telling myself that someday, SOMEDAY, I would learn to make hair bows for my girls.  I love the special little touch that a bow can give an outfit, but was not very fond of the sometimes hefty price tags that came with buying them.  So, three weeks ago, I decided to bite the bullet and just try it out, deciding whatever bows I made I would put in their Easter baskets.  I posted my pictures on Facebook via Instagram, (you can follow me here!) and within a couple of hours I had people asking if I was selling my creations!!  I was so excited!  So, my little "business" was born.  I only loosely call it a business for now, until I open up my Etsy shop, and get myself established.  My momma has an idea to turn my small shop into something much larger, which would be a dream come true!  I would love to someday turn my hobby into a full-time, steady income.  Prayerfully I will be slowly moving in the direction of doing just that, and seeking God's will for this little hobby I have come to love and enjoy!  It's super scary to think I could be getting my hopes up for nothing, that maybe this isn't what God would like me to be doing, but it's also so exciting to think that maybe this could be my thing, my dream turned reality.  For now my names will be momma and wife, but hopefully someday I will be able to add successful business owner to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment